Sunday, September 25, 2016
AUTUMN HIGAN SERVICE
GAKUGYO JOJU KIGAN
Jodoshu North America Buddhist Mission
442 East Third Street,
Los Angeles, California
Tel (213) 346-9666
Fax (213) 346-9668
English Web Site
AUTUMN HIGAN SERVICE (Autumnal Equinox) and GAKUGYO JOJU KIGAN | Sun. Sep. 25, 2016
AUTUMN HIGAN SERVICE (Autumnal Equinox) and
• SENZO KUYO: Prayer for your Loved Ones/Ancestors
• MIZUKO KUYO: Memorial Service for Unborn/Newborn/Early Deceased Children)
• GAKUGYO JOJU KIGAN:
Special Ritual for Success in Scholastic Performance
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2016
|11:30 A.M.||SERMON (English/Japanese):
Rev. Kodo Tanaka
|12:00 P.M.||LUNCHEON *Lunch will be served|
August 10, 2016
Dear Members and Friends;
We hope you are in good health during this hot weather. On Sunday, July 10th, Bon Segaki Service was held successfully with about 60 people attending. We wish to thank our congregation and volunteers for their support. Our next regular service is Autumn Higan (Autumnal Equinox) Service which will be held as above. Higan is an important opportunity that comes twice a year to reflect upon ourselves and pay tribute to our forebears by engaging in religious services and visiting graves. We are looking forward to seeing all of you on September 25th.
Mizuko Kuyo (a memorial service for deceased children/grandchildren who unfortunately passed away at birth or in their childhood) will be combined. A memorial tablet will be offered to extend a special prayer. If you wish a prayer, please contact the temple by Friday, September 23, 2016.
Also, in favor of the "Back to School" season, Gakugyo Joju Kigan (a special ritual for success in scholastic performance) will be observed. We will perform a special ritual to tie the hand of a student/child with Amida Buddha by a string to wish success in scholastic performance by receiving Amida Buddha’s Light of Great Wisdom. If you wish to enroll your children/grandchildren for this ritual, please fill out the form and return it by Friday, September 23, 2016.
Luncheon will follow the service and the Fujinkai will prepare lunch to be served. Please join in this luncheon to exchange greetings and cultivate friendship between the congregations. Let us worship and renew and find new friendships on this valuable occasion given by Autumnal equinox. Namu Amida Butsu
Jodoshu North America Buddhist Missions
- As is customary, we would like to ask for donations/offerings on this occasion. Your donations will be acknowledged and we will extend a prayer for your loved ones/ancestors in the service. Flowers/fruit offerings to the altar are appreciated.
- For those who have family memorial tablets and urns at the Ihai/Nokotsudo at the temple, please visit and offer flowers/food offerings to your loved ones.
- If you are available for help in preparation of food, parking, or reception table, please let us know and assemble at 8:30 am on Sunday, September 25th. We will appreciate your help.
Temple parking lot entrance: Omar
Please ring the bell at the garage gate.