Sun. March 19, 2017
SPRING HIGAN SERVICE and SENZO KUYO/MIZUKO KUYO
Jodoshu North America Buddhist Mission
442 East Third Street,
Los Angeles, California
Tel (213) 346-9666
Fax (213) 346-9668
English Web Site
SPRING HIGAN SERVICE | Sun. March 19, 2017
SPRING HIGAN SERVICE (Vernal Equinox) and
• SENZO KUYO: Prayer for your Loved Ones/Ancestors
• MIZUKO KUYO: Memorial Service for Unborn/Newborn/Early Deceased Children
SUNDAY, MARCH 19, 2017
|11:30 a.m.||Sermon (English/Japanese): Rev. Kodo Tanaka|
|12:00 p.m.||LUNCHEON *Lunch will be served|
Spring Higan Service will be held as above. We will extend a prayer for your loved ones/ancestors in favor of the spring higan period (vernal equinox), which is an important point of the first quarter of the year.
Mizuko Kuyo (a memorial service for deceased children/grandchildren who unfortunately passed away at birth or in their childhood) will be combined. A memorial tablet will be offered to extend a special prayer. If you wish a prayer, please contact the temple office by Friday, March 17, 2017.
Luncheon will follow and the Fujinkai will prepare lunch to be served. Please attend this service with your children, grandchildren, family and friends. We are looking forward to seeing you on March 19th. Namu Amida Butsu
Jodoshu North America Buddhist Missions
• As is customary, we would like to ask for offerings on this occasion. Your donations will be acknowledged in the service. Flowers/fruit offerings to the altar are appreciated.
• For those who have family memorial tablets and urns at the Ihai/Nokotsudo at the temple, please visit and offer flowers/food offerings to your loved ones.
• If you are available for help in preparation of food, parking, or reception table, please let us know and assemble at 8:30 am on Sunday, March 19th. We will appreciate your help.